The project is one month old now. We’ve had project and Steering Group meetings. The workpackages are running smoothly. Good progress so far!
Today we had a useful team meeting in which we addressed two main issues: criteria for OER evaluation and a process workflow to streamline the ‘otterisation’ process. We reviewed existing good and not-so-good OERs from various sources and we discussed possible criteria emerging from our user experiences. Sahm provided a useful set of issues that need careful consideration in the development of the criteria, based on existing literature. We made progress towards some of the criteria against which we’ll evaluate our OERs. Over the next two weeks, we’ll have both the criteria and the workflow firmed up.
In parallel, the enhancement process of the materials we’ve already received has started. We’ll soon have a prototype to showcase and improve – and to further develop the evaluation criteria.
Watch this space.